Sony launched the Xperia XA last year in May with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The phone was positioned in the mid-range segment and was officially confirmed by the company to get the Nougat update. Sony has started rolling out the update now and is available in several countries including India.
The Nougat update for Xperia XA build number 33.3.A.0.127 and weighs 838.6MB. The update is available for dual-SIM variants in India and single SIM variant elsewhere. The update will be slowly rolled out to other countries later. All the variants of the Xperia XA – F311, F3113, F3115, F3112, and F3116 – will be getting the update.
Android 7.0 brought a number of features like multi-window, improved Doze for better battery life, new notification panel, among others, and the Nougat update for Xperia XA will come with all these features. The update will come with May 5, 2017, Android security patch applied, while the latest one was released in June.
The official changelog of Android 7.0 Nougat update for Xperia XA by Sony says:
- Android version 7.0 (Nougat).
- Multi-window support: Multitasking made easy – run two apps simultaneously, double tap to switch between each.
- Longer battery life: Do more for longer, with improved battery life powered by Google and Xperia.
- Messaging: More ways to tell your story with Messaging – share videos and audio with a few taps.
- Front camera interface: Snap simpler selfies with the all-new self-timer button.
- Home screen: A smarter and more personal Xperia™ home screen.
Sony had released the Nougat update to Xperia XA Ultra a couple of days back and it has now been rolled out to its smaller sibling. The update comes about ten months after Google released the Android 7.0 Nougat update.
You might also like
More from Android Devices
Xiaomi Mi A1 is for sure one of the best mid-range smartphones available today but it seems that the phone …
There have been rumours of the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ going around amid that there's a new rumour about …
Although OnePlus 5T is capable of playing most of the high-resolution videos, it doesn’t support HD streaming on popular services. …