Bundled with Jio’s internet packages, Jio Cinema offers a complimentary subscription movies and TV series to binge over, along with the rest of the app suite which offers various other benefits. However, until now, a few Jio apps were still classified into the coalition of non-smart-home capables. Jio has been continuously working on the improvement of the internet services, the business they are actually thriving in. But now, it seems their focus has diverted by the weight of a penny towards the redevelopment of apps, they are now adding support to modern smart home capabilities.
In line with other media and entertainment content apps, Jio Cinema adds support to Chromecast, with an end goal to let users benefit with a cinema-type-large-screen viewing experience on their TVs, but through Jio’s own Cinema app services. If you have used Chromecast and Chromecast enabled apps before, for instance, Saavn or YouTube, you should be aware of how swift and easy the process is. In case you are new to the game, you first need a Google Chromecast which can be purchased by clicking here. Thereafter, you can peruse our easy-to-follow guide below!
How to connect Jio TV / Jio Cinema app to TV?
- Install the Jio Cinema app on your 4G LTE enabled smartphone and turn your Jio 4G mobile data connection. Download the Jio Cinema app – Android / iOS.
- Next, to pair your smartphone, turn on your WiFi connection but do not turn your 4G services off.
- Now, head over to the Google Play Store and install the official Chromecast app known as Google Home. Download the Google Home app – Android / iOS.
- After successful installation, open Google Home app ad click the hamburger icon to open the menu from the left hand side. Then, select “CAST SCREEN/AUDIO” and select the Chromecast device connected to the TV you wish to pair.
- Now, within a couple of seconds, your phone screen should be mirrored onto your TV. After that, simply open up the Jio Cinema TV app and play the movie, series, or video of your choice. Subsequently, your phone will turn into your remote control for the content.
Now, you can enjoy your favourite Jio Cinema content on your TV! Additionally with this, we can clearly visualise Jio adding these features to Jio Music and other apps in the Jio suite.
You might also like
More from Android
Whatsapp is well known to try various features on their app and actually succeed. Starting with the blue ticks to …