Frustrated with YouTube’s new terms and policies? Had enough of creating videos? This guide shows you how to delete a YouTube account, channel, and content permanently. To delete your YouTube account, you’ll need either a laptop or smartphone. It’s crucial to note that the methods are irreversible, leading to permanent deletion of certain items from your web history.
Now that you are aware of the implications, should you still wish to proceed with deleting your YouTube account, keep reading step by step guide.
How to Delete your YouTube Account?
Before getting started make sure to know that there are limits to how much of your account you may wish to delete given how integrated Google accounts are across different services. The entire account will still be accessible even if you remove your YouTube channel, which also deletes all of your videos, playlists, and comments. You also have the option to go all out and simply erase your Google account.
Consider the path you want to pursue. Choose one of the following procedures to delete your YouTube channel and all of its material but not your Google account:
How to Delete your YouTube Channel on PC?
To delete your Youtube channel on PC, you need to follow a few simple steps,
1. Log in to your YouTube account Click “Customize Channel”
2. On YouTube Studio Click “Settings” which can be found at the bottom left of the page
3. In the Settings page click “Channel” and Click “Advanced Settings”
4. Scroll down to the “Remove YouTube content” option under Advanced settings. choose it by clicking. You’ll be prompted to log into your account once more and a new tab will appear as a result. Proceed to do so.
5. Select the “I want to permanently delete my content” checkbox. With check boxes next to each explanation part, this option may be expanded into two concise explanations of what this choice truly means. After reading these justifications, tick the boxes next to both of them if you still wish to delete your content.
6. Click “Delete my content”
It may take some time, but after a few hours, all of your YouTube content will be deleted including your YouTube channel.
How to Delete your YouTube channel on Android?
I recommend you do it on a PC but if you don’t have a PC at your home, don’t worry you can easily delete your YouTube content using your mobile and YouTube app.
1. On your smartphone, launch the YouTube app. In the top-right corner of your screen, click the icon for your profile image. And choose “Manage your Google account”
2. Tap “Data and Privacy”
3. When you reach the area labeled “Download or delete your data,” scroll down. Select “Delete a Google service” from this area.
4. I want to permanently delete my content is the option that you should select. When this option is chosen, it will be expanded into two explanation parts with a check box next to each section that explains what this choice truly means. If you have read the reasons and still want to deactivate your YouTube channel, tick the boxes next to both of them.
5. Tap “Delete my content”
You have successfully deleted all of your YouTube content on your Android
How to Delete your YouTube channel on iOS?
Unlike Android Deleting your YouTube channel on iOS is pretty simple, you just need to follow three steps to delete your YouTube channel.
1. Click “Manage your Google account” by tapping your Profile symbol in the top-right corner of the home screen.
2. From the top menu, select the “Data and Personalization” option. Tap “Delete a service or your account” after scrolling down.
3. You may then choose whether to remove specific services or your whole Google account. Choose Delete a Google service to get rid of your YouTube channel. Your password must be entered when prompted.
4. You may delete all of your data by entering your password and clicking the trash can button next to YouTube.
Now you have successfully deleted all of your YouTube content
You must be aware that deleting a YouTube channel can have several disadvantages, depending on the circumstances. Some of the main disadvantages include:
- Loss of content: Once a channel is deleted, all of the videos and other content that were uploaded to it are permanently lost. This can be especially problematic for creators who have built up a large following and have a lot of valuable content on their channels.
- Loss of followers: Along with the loss of content, deleting a YouTube channel also means losing all of the followers and subscribers that the channel has accumulated. This can make it difficult to regain the same level of engagement and reach on a new channel.
- Loss of analytics: Deleting a YouTube channel also means losing access to the analytics data for the channel. This can make it difficult to understand the performance of the channel and to make data-driven decisions about future content.
- Damage to reputation: Depending on the reason for deleting the channel, it could be viewed as a negative move by viewers and other members of the community. This could damage your reputation as a content creator, making it harder to gain traction on a new channel or to build a following on other platforms.
- Loss of income: If the channel was monetized, the channel owner could lose any potential income from the channel, including sponsorships, advertising revenue, and merchandising sales.
It’s important to weigh up all the possible consequences before taking such a step, maybe instead of deleting it, they could consider taking a break or taking a step back from creating content for a while.
I hope this article helped you to delete a YouTube channel and all of its content in a few simple steps. If this article provided you with value consider sharing it with your YouTube friend if they faces any trouble in deleting a YouTube channel will find this article useful.
Meanwhile, subscribe to our newsletter to get notified more about YouTube tutorials and things happening in and around technology.
You might also like
More from Android
OnePlus, the famed Chinese smartphone manufacturer, has just introduced its maiden affordable tablet, exposing the world to the OnePlus Pad …