We saw it coming, didn’t we? Reliance Jio’s free usage offer has now been extended until March 31, 2016, as confirmed by the chairman of Reliance Industries Mukesh Ambani, at an event on Thursday, December 01, 2016, alongside announcements apropos other free Reliance Jio services.
“Starting December 4, 2016, every new Jio user will get the data, voice, and full bouquet of the Jio apps free till 31 March 2017,” Mukesh Ambani said about the Reliance Jio extended Welcome Offer. “This is the Jio Happy New Year Offer. All our existing 52 million users will continue to enjoy the Welcome Offer till 31 December, and then automatically be signed up for the New Year Offer. No need to buy a new SIM.”
During this interesting announcement, certain unnerving details about the Jio’s Happy New Year plan have been passed on. Jio customers have now been restricted to 1GB of FUP, followed by a regular 128KBPS speed, founded with an argument about only 20% of users actually consuming more than 1GB of data a day, while the rest 80% only using around 1GB of the free data allowance. Out of the 4GB, the unused data acted as surplus, which ended up congesting the network and disrupting the overall user experience. Current Jio users and new users will be upgraded to the Happy New Year plan from 1st January 2017 onwards, without the requirement for the old users to re-register at all.
Further elaborating on this aspect, Mukesh Ambani says: “With 52 million customers, taking full advantage of the free Welcome Offer, it has caused slowdowns, but only on 8 percent of our towers,”. “And 92 percent of our customers and towers have been experiencing high data speeds.” He adds on. This explains how reports and rumors surfaced about the free usage allowance to extend until 31st March 2016, as the robustly motto-ed fasted growing LTE brand looks forward to augmenting their services and satisfying customers, before actually charging them.
Besides, Mr. Ambani also mentioned about the MNP service being activated fully and made available publicly, which allows customers to transfer their current number to Jio from their current service provider. That’s a bunch in brief of all the announcements made at the event, what are your thoughts about the latest Jio announcement? Tell us in the comments below!
You might also like
More from Live Updates
CES is the world’s gathering place for all those who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. CES showcases more …
Just as everyone predicted, OnePlus has been hooked up to their brims with the launch of their latest flagship killer, …
With a prominent focus on design, Samsung steps back in the humdrum market with the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 …