Welcome to the third issue of TrueTech Daily, a series in which we bring to you all the latest things that happened in the world of tech today! On March 16, 2021, we cover several headlines including the updates on the OnePlus Watch, Galaxy Note devices, ColorOS for OnePlus devices in China, and more! You can browse all issues of TrueTech Daily by clicking here.
1. Samsung might not launch Galaxy Note Series device this year
- During the 52nd shareholders meeting in South Korea, Samsung Electronics’ CEO Dong-jin Koh announced that the company will not launch a new Galaxy Note series device this year.
- This was expected as the Galaxy S21 Ultra that was launched earlier this year did come with support for S-Pen and this has to be the first non-Note Samsung flagship device to support this functionality, excluding the tablet lineup from the company.
- But this does not mean that Samsung will kill its Note lineup. Koh said that “It is not that we do not release new products. The timing varies, but next year we are preparing to continue to do so.” Meaning, Samsung will launch its Galaxy Note device in 2022.
2. Redmi TV X-Series launched in India
- Redmi in India, today, launched three new smart TVs with identical specs but in different sizes. The three TVs are Redmi Smart TV X50, X55, and X65.
- All three models boast 4K LED panels with support for HDR10+ and Dolby Vision support for 92% of the DCI-P3 color spectrum.
- As for the audio, these three new models support two 15W speakings that are tuned with DTS Virtual X and Dolby Audio as well as Dolby Atmos (only when connected to a supported soundbar system).
- Under the hood, these TVs are powered by MediaTek’s MT9611 quad-core chipset coupled with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of onboard storage.
- On the software front, these devices run Android TV 10 with a Patchwall interface on top. Lastly, the prices start at 32,999 INR and go the way up to 57,999 INR.
3. OnePlus phones in China might run ColorOS in future
- Most of you already know that OnePlus devices in China run Hydrogen OS instead of Oxygen OS. Now, according to a new report from XDA, the company might axe the Hydrogen OS and shift to ColorOS completely.
- This change might come into charge with the launch of the OnePlus 9 series. This might not be a total shocker for a lot of you as the majority of OnePlus and OPPO shares are owned by Oujia Holdings Ltd. (OPlus) and OnePlus’ CEO Pete is the Senior Vice President at OPlus. Not just that, OnePlus has merged its R&D with OPPO back in January.
- It is worth noting that OnePlus devices will run Oxygen OS globally and this decision does not affect global variants of OnePlus devices.
4. OnePlus Watch Specifications and Features Leaked ahead of official announcement
- After years of wait, OnePlus has finally spilled beans on the OnePlus Watch and it is coming on March 23. Before, the official launch, some of its specifications and features are leaked online.
- According to leaks, the OnePlus Watch will come in a 46mm size of the watch dial and will be made available in two colors including Black and silver.
- The watch will also feature heart-rate, blood oxygen monitoring, and all tracking features that you would expect from a smartwatch. Not just that, the watch will also double up as a TV remote just for OnePlus TVs (FYI, OnePlus is trying to build an eco-system).
- Lastly, the device comes with 4 GB of internal storage and will not be powered by Google’s Wear OS.
5. Samsung Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, and Galaxy A72 announced
- Samsung unveiled the Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, and Galaxy A72 higher mid-range smartphone category phones today.
- The Galaxy A52 and A52 5G will be available in three color variants. The color options include Black, Violet, White, and Blue. The base 4GB and 128 GB variant of Galaxy A52 will be available for €350.
- The base 6GB and 128 GB variant of A52 5G has a price tag of €430. The Galaxy A52 5G is already available for pre-order on the Samsung website, whereas the availability of the A52 is still in the shadow.
- The Galaxy A72 is available in four color options. The color options include Awesome Black, Awesome White, Awesome Violet, and Awesome Blue. The base 6GB RAM and 128 GB variant of Galaxy A72 will be available at a price tag of €450.
We’ve covered the full story in a separate article. Click here to check it out!
6. Oppo launches Reno5 F with Helio P95 SoC & 48MP quad-camera
- Oppo has added another smartphone to its existing Reno5 portfolio with Reno5 F.
- The device sports a 6.4-inch flat 1080×2400 pixels 60Hz AMOLED display with a tiny punch-hole cut-out to the top-left corner.
- As for the optics, it packs in a 48MP primary snapper with f/1.7 aperture, a fixed-focus ultrawide snapper with 119-degree field-of-view and an aperture of f/2.2, followed by an f/2.4 macro and an f/2.4 depth sensor. The front has a punch-hole snapper with a 32MP unit built-in with an aperture of f/2.4.
- We’ve covered the full story in a separate article. Click here to check it out!
You might also like
More from TrueTech Daily
TrueTech Daily: Realme 8 Pro Launch Date, HTC Wildfire E3 Launched, Micromax In 1 Specs Tipped, and more!
Welcome to the first issue of TrueTech Daily, a series in which we bring to you all the latest things …