Welcome to the second issue of TrueTech Daily, a series in which we bring to you all the latest things that happened in the world of tech today! On March 16, 2021, we cover several headlines including the updates on the OnePlus 9 Pro, Realme GT gets banned on AnTuTu, Mi 11 Ultra launch details, and more! You can browse all issues of TrueTech Daily by clicking here.
1. Two new Nokia phones are arriving on April 8, HMD Confirms
- Nokia will adopt a new naming scheme with a letter and a number. Nokia G10, X10, and the X20 will be the first devices among them. The Nokia G-series of the devices is meant for entry-level devices whereas the X-series will be the home for mid-rangers.
- Nokia G10 is powered by MediaTek Helio P22 chipset and will be sold at 140 euros (roughly $166.69 or 12,086 INR)
- The mid-range Nokia X10 and X20 will arrive with 5G out of the box. The X10 will be powered by Snapdragon 480 and the X20 will be powered by Snapdragon 690. As for the prices, the device will range between 300 euros to 350 euros (roughly $166.74 or 26,000 INR).
2. Realme GT gets banned on AnTuTu for its unverified high score; Realme responds
- Realme GT, a performance-specific smartphone that comes with a top-of-the-line Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC coupled with a 120Hz display was launched in China earlier this month.
- Before the launch, Realme’s VP Xu Qi Chase had shared the AnTuTu scores of 7,50,000+. Now, AnTuTu has accused Realme of cheating while carrying out the test and the device is now banned.
- AnTuTu says “it is not a reflection of real strength but through cheating and other means.” Realme has apparently used thread delay tactics to run the multithreaded test on its fastest CPU cores as much as possible.
- Realme responded with “Realme GT is equipped with the latest Snapdragon 888 5G platform, bringing users high performance. The scores of Realme GT are all accurate and Realme has always been committed to bringing users excellent performance, the actual user experience is the top priority for Realme”.
4. OnePlus 9 Pro Tipped to launch with 50W Fast Wireless Charging support
- According to the recent report from Pricebaba in collaboration with tipster Ishan Agarwal, the OnePlus 9 Pro will have 50W wireless charging.
- OnePlus is also said to launch a Warp Charge 50 Wireless charger along with the OnePlus 9 series.
- This means, OnePlus 9 Pro could provide one of the fastest charging speeds without requiring a cable to be directly connected to the device.
- As far as the wired charging is concerned, the OnePlus 9 series is rumored to 65W charging.
5. Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra might launch soon in India
- Xiaomi has launched Mi 11 Ultra globally earlier this year and according to rumors, the company will launch the device in the month of March or April.
- While fans are waiting for the Indian launch, Mi 11 Ultra has passed through BIS recently with a model number M2102K1C.
- Although the listing does not reveal anything about the device, passing through BIS does hint an imminent launch in India.
6. iQoo Neo 5 Launched
- After a lot of leaks and speculations, Vivo has finally announced the iQoo Neo 5.
- The Neo 5 has to be the first device to feature Snapdragon 870 SoC, but, it is worth noting that currently, the device is limited to the home country itself.
- As for the pricing, the device starts at CNY 2499 (roughly $385 or 27,900 INR) for the base 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant and the top variant is priced at CNY 2999 (roughly $462 or 33,500 INR) for 12 GB RAM + 256 GB onboard storage.
- The device is backed by a 4,400 mAh battery and does support 66W fast charging. Meaning the device can juice up from 0% to 100% in just 30 minutes.
7. Poco X3 Pro price leaks online starting at €269
- Poco X3 Pro prices have leaked online giving a sneak peek into what we can expect with the prices of their respective storage configurations.
- Poco X3 Pro will be available in at least three colors i.e. Frost Blue, Phantom Black, and Metal Bronze. Starting with the base 6GB+128GB, it will arrive at a price tag of €269 for both color variants. The higher 8GB+256GB variant clad in Phantom Black, Frost Blue, or Metal Bronze is available at a price tag of €319.
- Click here to check out the full-coverage!
You might also like
More from TrueTech Daily
TrueTech Daily: Realme 8 Pro Launch Date, HTC Wildfire E3 Launched, Micromax In 1 Specs Tipped, and more!
Welcome to the first issue of TrueTech Daily, a series in which we bring to you all the latest things …