The Xiaomi Redmi 4 was launched today at a press event in New Delhi, India. It’s a budget phone that the company had launched in China last year in November, which is a successor to the Redmi 3s.
Redmi 3S was one of the most popular smartphones last year. We sold more than 4 million units of Redmi 3S during the life cycle of the product. Today we are thrilled to announce Redmi 4, which is an upgrade to Redmi 3S. Each of our Redmi devices have redefined the affordable smartphone segment in India, and we believe Redmi 4 too will meet the expectations of Mi Fans users who want high quality devices at an affordable price.
– Manu Jain, Vice President & Managing Director – India
The phone can be purchased in two color options – Gorgeous black and Elegant gold. There are a few variants depending on the RAM and storage of the phone. The 2GB + 16GB variant is priced at ₹6,999 ($110), the 3GB + 32GB variant is priced at ₹8,999 ($140), and the 4GB + 64GB variant is priced at ₹10,999 ($172). The Redmi 4 will first be available on May 20 at Mi Home. Customers can reserve a Redmi 4 from the mi website and collect it from Mi Home in Bangalore. It’ll then again go for sale on May 23 at 12 noon on Mi.com and Amazon.
Key Specs of the Redmi 4:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- 64-bit 1.4 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 | Adreno 505 GPU
- 2 GB/3 GB /4 GB RAM
- 5-inch HD (720p) / 296ppi / 2.5D curved glass IPS Display
- 16 GB/32 GB/64 GB storage; expandable up to 128 GB with a microSD card
- 13 MP Rear Camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 5 MP Front Camera f/2.2 aperture
- 4,100mAh battery
You might also like
More from Android
Motorola redesigned its entire high-end smartphone lineup last year with the introduction of the new Z family that reimagined modular …