After a lot of rumors and speculations, LG has officially closed its mobile business worldwide. Meaning, the company will not be launching new smartphones. This is no shocker for a lot of us considering the company’s mobile business has been in the red since 2015. LG had tried several things to mark their placement in the current smartphone world but failed. In fact, last year, to boost its premium smartphone sales, the South Korean giant launched its Explorer Project, a new addition to its mobile portfolio. Under this project, the company has launched the LG Wing smartphone. But due to its pricing, the sales did not reach the company’s expectations.
For those unaware, the device was introduced at a price of Rs. 69,990 for the base variant. The same variant will be available for as low as Rs. 29,999 starting tomorrow (April 13) on Flipkart.
LG Wing for Rs.29,999; Is it Worth Buying?
Yes, LG Wing is one of the ambitious devices from the company and we definitely recommend buying it! Despite shutting down the smartphone business, LG promised to support its premium smartphones. Now, this means, the company will provide three years of OS updates to its G series, V series, Velvet, and Wing smartphones. LG Wing was launched with Android 10 onboard and it will receive Android 11, 12, and 13 as well. Not just that, the device is a powerful tool that opens up some brand new use cases for its users. If you are a photographer/ cinematographer or a gamer, it is worth checking out the device.
For under 30K, you are getting the most innovative device with the main display that slides out to expose the small display underneath, excellent build quality, and solid performance. Yes, there are a few let downs like no waterproofing or fast refresh rate, or headphone jack. But if you can live without a fast refresh rate display, the other two cons wouldn’t matter much for the price you are paying. That said, the company is offering a 1 Year Warranty and 5 years of service to the buyers.
LG Wing Specifications
- Display: 6.8-inch Rotating P-OLED display; 1080 x 2460 pixels resolution with a pixel density of 395 PPI; 87% screen to body ratio; Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Dimensions & Weight : 169.5 x 74.5 x 10.9 mm; 260 grams
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G coupled with Adreno 620 GPU
- Storage: 8 GB RAM/ 128 GB onboard; 8 GB RAM/ 256 GB onboard
- Main Camera: 64 MP primary shooter with F/1.8, 25mm wide, and OIS. 13 MP secondary ultrawide with F/1.9 aperture. 12 MP Tertiary shooter with F/2.2, 120-degree field of view
- Selfie Camera: Motorized pop-up unit; 32 MP shooter with F/1.9 aperture, 26mm wide.
- Fingerprint: In-display
- Colors: Aurora Gray, Illusion Sky
- Battery: 4000 mAh; Quick Charge 4.0+, Wireless Fast Charging at 13W.
You might also like
More from Android
Samsung unveiled three different sets of Ultrabook today at the Galaxy Unpacked April event. The event was held via the …
XiasssAfter getting a lot of headlines over a couple of weeks now, the Redmi K40 Gaming Edition or Gaming Enhanced …